I love how this one photo has sparked so much debate. What started off as an edgy alternative to the typical cutesy pregnancy pics, has gone viral across the globe! From LA to London, to China, Germany and New Zealand. It seems like everyone has something to say on the matter. Cross Fit’s Facebook page, where the photo was originally posted, has received over 16.5K ‘likes’ and 1.7K comments! Lea-Ann Ellison is now at the center of a media frenzy. She is being interviewed for newspapers and magazines (such as the Huffington Post, In Touch magazine, the London Metro and the Daily Mail to name a few) all over to tell her story and to give her thoughts on exercising whilst pregnant. She hopes that all this hype will bring attention to an important health issue. In her own words, “I can’t believe this photo has caused this much stir, but it makes me hopeful that it will inspire other strong healthy moms to continue on doing what they love.” (And, her midwives concur)!!
Photo by Nick Stern
- Pregnant weightlifter just two weeks away from giving birth provokes online storm (metro.co.uk)
- Mother causes social media storm after posting pictures of herself weightlifting while EIGHT months pregnant (thisismoney.co.uk)
- Mother causes social media storm after posting pictures of herself weightlifting while EIGHT months pregnant (dailymail.co.uk)
- Photo of pregnant CrossFitter igniting firestorm (huffingtonpost.com)
- Pregnant woman two weeks from giving birth criticised after posting pictures of herself weightlifting (mirror.co.uk)